Have you ever wondered about stepping into the exciting world of stock market and investing? If yes, then you might have definitely come across the leading name “SHAREKHAN”.
Sharekhan is one of the leading stockbrokers in India as of now. An online trading platform that has been around for quite some time.
It is an user-friendly and tech savvy platform that allows you to buy and sell stocks, commodities, mutual funds, and more. It is a perfect platform for both beginners and seasoned investors.
In this guide, we will review the overall aspects of sharekhan like its account opening charges, brokerage charges, transaction Charges, margin exposure, and a brief about sharekhan demat account.
|Type||Full Service Broker|
|Share khan Owner (Founder)||Jaideep Arora|
|Overall Ratings||4.5 out of 5|
|Mobile Trading App||Yes|
|Supported Exchanges||NSE, BSE, MCX|
Share market has been highly competitive for all stockbrokers in India. There are several stockbrokers like Zerodha and Upstox fighting to be number one. One such leading name is sharekhan, a well known online trading platform in India.
It was established in 2000 by the founder Jaideep Arora and is headquartered in Mumbai, India. Sharekhan offers brokerage services through its online trading platform Sharekhan.com. It has around 4000+ branches and is present in over 1000+ cities across India.
Sharekhan provides services to all kinds of customers; from individuals, corporates, Institutions to NRIs. It serves over 29 lakhs + Customers.
Services offered by Sharekhan
- Equity Trading
- Derivatives Trading
- Currency Trading
- Commodity Trading
- Mutual Funds
- Advisory Services
- Portfolio Management Services
Sharekhan also offers services like Technical Analysis Reports and also provides courses to its customers; some of it includes, stock market courses, Intermediate courses on short term trading and investing and premium courses to cover advanced concepts in the financial markets
Why Choose Sharekhan?
So, why exactly Sharekhan? It’s not the only stockbroker in the share market, but maybe it is one of the best. You might be thinking “Why should I choose sharekhan over other stockbrokers?”
Well, Let me break it down for you:
- User-friendly: Sharekhan offers an easy to use website as well as mobile app. When you open sharekhan’s website there would be no ounce of confusion for new users with its interface; it’s so easy to navigate.
- Research Tools: This is where sharekhan outshines the other stockbrokers. They offer some top-notch research tools including technical analysis, stock screeners, and expert recommendations. You will get driven data insights at your fingertips.
- Learning Resources: Sharekhan understands that not every of its customers is a financial expert from the get-go. So they offer a lot of educational content, from tutorials and webinars, to market insights and research reports.
- Customer Care: Sharekhan’s customer support is pretty good. They are always available when their customers are stuck somewhere.
What are Sharekhan Account Opening Charges?
Every broker out there levy different account opening charges,as for Sharekhan, its account opening charges are as follows:
|Account opening charges (Trading account)||Free|
|Sharekhan AMC charges (Trading account)||Free|
|Account opening charges (Demat account)||Free|
|Sharekhan AMC Charges (Demat account)||₹400 (free for the first year)|
Sharekhan Brokerage Charges
Sharekhan offers two brokerage plans to its customers following the simple concept of the higher the margin you put into the account the less you pay to the broker.
Sharekhan Basic Brokerage fee slabs
|Equity Options||Rs. 100/lot or 2.5% of premium (whichever is higher)|
|Currency Options||Rs. 30/lot or 2.5% of premium (whichever is higher)|
Sharekhan Prepaid Brokerage charges
|Upfront charges||Delivery||Intraday||Equity Futures||Equity Options||Currency Futures||Currency Options|
|Rs. 2,000||0.4%||0.07%||0.07%||Rs. 80/lot||0.07%||Rs. 80/lot|
|Rs. 6,000||0.25%||0.05%||0.05%||Rs. 70/lot||0.05%||Rs. 70/lot|
|Rs. 18,000||0.2%||0.04%||0.04%||Rs. 50/lot||0.04%||Rs. 50/lot|
|Rs. 30,000||0.18%||0.03%||0.03%||Rs. 40/lot||0.03%||Rs. 40/lot|
|Rs. 60,000||0.15%||0.02%||0.02%||Rs. 30/lot||0.02%||Rs. 30/lot|
|Rs. 1,00,000||0.1%||0.015%||0.015%||Rs. 25/lot||0.015%||Rs. 25/lot|
|Rs. 2,00,000||0.08%||0.005%||0.005%||Rs. 10/lot||0.005%||Rs. 10/lot|
Sharekhan Margin Exposure
Leverage is a benefit for all the traders and investors in the world of stock market. Sharekhan offers reasonable margin exposure to its customers.
|Equity Delivery||Up to 5X (24% interest per year)|
|Equity Intraday||Up to 10X|
|Equity Futures||Up to 2X|
|Equity Options||Up to 2X|
|Currency Futures||Up to 2X|
|Currency Options||Up to 2X|
|Commodity Futures||Up to 2X|
|Commodity Options||Up to 2X|
Sharekhan Trading Platforms
You can trade on sharekhan through its four trading platforms. Choose the one convenient for you and start trading. Let’s know about the sharekhan’s trading platform in detail.
Trade Tiger (Trading Terminal)
Trade tiger is a trading terminal you can easily download and install on your desktop or laptop. You can trade various financial instruments like equities, currencies, commodities, derivatives, IPOs and mutual funds.
Customise your market watch-list and you can get them anywhere if you just log into the system. Trade tiger consists of features like:
- A-list market charts for research and analysis tools
- Quick pay in and payouts
- Quick access to market research, trading calls and tips
- Customised alerts and notification
Sharekhan Website (Website Trading)
No need to download or install anything on your desktop and laptop. To trade on a website, all you have to do is log in to your account and start trading. It offers trading in equity, commodity, and currency at BSE, NSE, MCX, and NCDEX.
Sharekhan consists of features like:
- You can place orders even after hours
- Instant order and trade confirmation
- Real time portfolio tracking
Sharekhan Mobile Trading App
For traders who want to invest in the market on the go can use sharekhan’s mobile trading app. Earlier it received negative response for its trading app because of its many issues.
Recently they launched a mobile trading app of its own name sharekhan. This one received a positive response from its customers as well as Google Play and Apple store for its performance, speed and precision. It consist of features like:
- Trade and invest in multiple investments
- Easy transfer of funds
- Invest and track mutual funds
- Live news, reports, amd market trends
Sharekhan mini is a browser based trading app launched for the trades who are situated in small towns, districts and villages. The best part about this platform is that it requires low internet bandwidth so you can even trade on 2G internet connection.
It consists of features like:
- Basic level analysis with help of charts
- Investment in various financial segments
- Live updates and reports
- Easy transfer of funds
Pros and Cons of Sharekhan
There are certain pros and cons of sharekhan, let’s take a look at it.
- Easy and free of cost fund transfers
- Call and trade is free
- Availability of Brokerage Schemes
- Big range of financial instruments
- Excellent customer support
- Portfolio management services
- Does not offer 3-in1 demat account
- Available to only Indian markets
- Minimum brokerage of 10/paise per stock
- Does not to trade stocks below Rs. 20
- Classic account holders can’t trade in commodities
Sharekhan is one of the best trading platforms among the others like Zerodha and Upstox. Sharekhan is the option for traders who are in for the long run and can pay heavy brokerage charges. So choose wisely.
In this guide, we have thoroughly explained about sharekhan’s account opening charges, brokerage charges, margin exposure, trading platforms and its pros and cons.
Get access to market news, updates and trends; follow our telegram channel @onlinetradinginstitute
|Disclaimer: The sole purpose of our financial articles is to provide you with educational and informative content. The content in these articles does not intend any investment, financial, legal, tax, or any other advice. It should not be used as a substitute for professional advice or assistance.|