Want to know all about the Angel One Broking Trading platform? Read this full article to expand your knowledge on Angel One.
Angel One, one of the leading broking service providers, is the most trusted stock broking house in India. It is also the largest full-service stock broker in the current times.
Over two and a half decades, Angel One has successfully managed to have a presence in over 1800 towns and cities across the country.
When it comes to investment and trading advisory services, Angel One has the best to offer.
They offer modernised and functional trading platforms. In November of 2019, they changed their business model.
Earlier, they used to charge some percentage of transaction fees per trade. Now, they offer a flat brokerage fee on all services and no charges levied on equity shares.
Angel One: Overview
Angel One, earlier known as Angel Broking, was established in 1996 by Mr. Dinesh Thakkar with a capital of Rs. 5 lakh, half of which vanished in just 8 months.
Being from a business background, he had a knack for business ownership/entrepreneurship. With an interest in technological innovations, he started Angel One with technological and digital enhancements.
He owns memberships with BSE, NSE, NCDEX, and MCX, plus he is registered with CDSL as a depository participant, which eventually benefits the company.
Today, more than 1 crore customers enjoy the benefits provided by Angel One.
|Overall Ratings||3.9 out of 5|
|Brokerage Charges (Equity Delivery)||Free|
|Brokerage Charges (Equity Intraday, F&O, Commodity and Currency)||Rs. 20 per executed order|
|Branches||1800+ offices over 900+ cities|
|Mobile Trading App||Yes|
What does Angel One offer?
- It gives access to online trading platforms via desktop, mobile, and website.
- Offers personalised services as per the need and requirements of customers.
- The Demat account is absolutely free.
- Top-quality research fueled by ARQ predictions.
- Call & Trade service provided.
- Offers educational blogs, videos, and webinars.
Angel One: Account Opening Charges
Angel One offers the fastest account opening services to its customers. Within 15 minutes, you can open your account and start trading online.
Document required to open an account:
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photo
- Photo of your signature
- Cancelled cheque/passbook (if you wish to trade in Futures & Options)
Account opening charges: Free
Annual Maintenance charges: Rs. 240 / year (after 1 year)
Angel One Brokerage Charges
|Equity Delivery||No brokerage|
|Equity Intraday||Rs. 20/ executed order or 0.25% (whichever is lower)|
|Equity Futures||Rs. 20/ executed order or 0.25% (whichever is lower)|
|Equity Options||Rs. 20/ executed order or 0.25% (whichever is lower)|
|Currency Futures||Rs. 20/ executed order or 0.25% (whichever is lower)|
|Currency Options||Rs. 20/ executed order or 0.25% (whichever is lower)|
|Commodity Futures||Rs. 20/ executed order or 0.25% (whichever is lower)|
|Commodity Options||Rs. 20/ executed order or 0.25% (whichever is lower)|
|AMC (Account Maintenance Charges)||Non-BSDA clients: Rs. 20/month plus tax
For BSDA clients-
Holding value less than 50,000: NIL
Holding value 50,000-2,00,000: Rs. 100 + tax
|Call & Trade / Offline Trade||Rs. 20 per order|
|Square Off Charges||Rs. 20 per order|
|Franking, KRA, CKYC, ESignature Charges||Rs. 0|
|Email Statements / Contract Notes||Free|
|DP Charges||Rs. 20 per debit transaction
Rs. 50 per debit transaction (BSDA clients)
|Pledge Creation / Closure||RS. 20 per ISIN
Rs. 50 per ISIN (BSDA clients)
|Demat||Rs. 50 per certificate|
|Remat||Rs. 50 per certificate +Actual CDSL charges|
|Physical Statements / DIS Request / Physical Contract Notes||Rs. 50|
|Cheque Bounce Charges||Rs. 350|
|Delay Payment Charges On Outstanding Bill Amount If Not Paid Within Due Date||1.5% per month (levied every 15 days)|
Angel One Products Offered
|Sovereign Gold Bond||✔|
|Tax Saving Bonds||✔|
Angel One Trading Platforms
|Angel One Super App||App-based|
|Angel One Trade||Web-trading platform|
|Angel SpeedPro||Desktop trading software|
|Angel One Smart API||API|
|Angel One ARQ||Robo-advisory platform|
Angel One Super App offers
- Special advising tool that provides guidance and investment suggestions
- Useful for the novice as well as an experienced trader
- Access to live market data, news and, notifications
- Advanced trading tools
- Quick online transfers
App store ratings: 4.0/ 5
Google Play Store rating: 4.3/ 5
Angel One Trade offers
- Online trading for various segments
- Multiple watchlists
- Gives alerts and notifications
- Live market quotes
- Access to in-depth research reports and news
- User-friendly interface
Angel SpeedPro Offers
- Real-time market updates
- Technical charting options
- Research reports
- Mutual fund transactions
- Monitor all your investments in single-screen
Angel Bee Offers
- Designed for mutual fund investments (through lump sum and SIP)
- Commission free
- Invest in top AMCs like Kotak, Axis, HDFC, ICICI
App store ratings: 3.3/ 5
Google Play store rating: 4.3/ 5
Angel One Smart API
- Create your trading platform
- Execute real-time trades
- Includes programming languages like Python, java, etc.
Angel One ARQ
- Get stock and mutual fund recommendations
- Advanced features like personalised advisory
- Index-beating returns
- No minimum amount requirement
- No subscription charges
Angel One Margin Exposure
|Intraday||Up to 10x|
|Equity Delivery||Up to 2x|
|Equity Futures||Up to 4x|
|Equity Options||Up to 3x|
|Currency Futures||Up to 3x|
|Currency Options||Up to 5x|
|Commodity Futures||Up to 3x|
|Commodity Options||Up to 2x|
Angel One Pros & Cons
Angel One has its advantages and disadvantages:
- The largest full-service broker with flat brokerage and fee on equity delivery trades
- No extra cost for advisory services
- Advanced trading platforms
- Zero account opening charges
- Free trade calls, instant SMS notifications, and margin against share
- Minimum brokerage charge of Rs. 30, no matter the size of the investment
- Does not offer a 3-in-1 account for trading
- Brokers are charged an extra Rs.20 for executed orders for broker’s assistance
In this article, we have thoroughly covered the Angel One Review. From its products & services, brokerage and other charges, and trading platforms, to its pros & cons.
We hope you find the above article helpful. If you have any doubts regarding the article, ask questions in the comment section below.
Get access to market news, updates and trends; follow our telegram channel @onlinetradinginstitute
|Disclaimer: The sole purpose of our financial articles is to provide you with educational and informative content. The content in these articles does not intend any investment, financial, legal, tax, or any other advice. It should not be used as a substitute for professional advice or assistance.|